Setting up your Spektrum DX7s, DX8 etc... & AR8000 failsafe for DJI NAZAby XFLY SYSTEMS HQ
The whole failsafe thing can be a little frustrating to setup correctly on a Naza. This isn't the naza's fault, more the transmitter & receiver.
Once you've done it the first time its actually easy to do.
Some background info
1. The actual failsafe functionality resides in the receiver.
It has the ability to fall back on a specific channel setting when TX signal is lost.
2. You cannot setup a TX signal loss failsafe without having a receiver that supports failsafe.
3. Because the failsafe on the Naza works on the same channel as the control mode switch.
We cannot set the failsafe to activate with a standard defined switch position.
It needs to be set on the same channel as the control mode switch but in between one of the modes. (GPS-ATTI-MAN)
The problem is the TX only had a 3 position switch. So how do you set it in between?
Step by step guide
SET FAILSAFE FOR ATTI MODE (this is just a test of the failsafe to make sure it works, we will change a few things after we happy that it actually works)
1. TURN EVERYTHING OFF
2. Turn on the DX7s and make sure you have the correct model selected. And remember what switch positions define each mode. Eg. DOWN=GPS MID=ATTI UP=MAN
3. Turn off the DX7s
4. Insert the bind plug into the correct port on the receiver (make 100% sure it says BIND on the port)
5. Plug in the copter/receiver. The receiver LED will start flashing. This indicates its looking for something to bind to.
6. NOW REMOVE THE BIND PLUG BEFORE TURNING ON THE TRANSMITTER! LED will continue to flash.
6. Make sure your transmitter is OFF.
7. Set your control mode switch on your transmitter to ATTI mode [middle sw pos] (the transmitter must be off! This is the most important step!!!
8. Now hold down the trainer button while powering on the transmitter. Hold the button until it says its binding and displays DSMX.
Then release the trainer/bind button.
9. Once binding is complete the transmitter will reboot and go into normal flight mode. The LED on the receiver will now be solid.
10. Preset Failsafe binding is now complete.
TEST TO SEE IF FAILSAFE IS WORKING
1. Turn the transmitter on (if its off)
2. Plug in the copter and wait for it to initialize
3. Plug the copter into the PC and start the assistant.
4. Make sure the copter has successfully connected to the PC.
5. Go to TX Cali tab and make sure when you flick the control mode switch, it moves from GPS to ATTI to MAN.
6. Select GPS mode (GPS block is BLUE)
7. Now switch off your transmitter.
8. If you've done everything correctly it should change from GPS to ATTI mode.
9. If it doesn't, you've done something wrong or missed something. Start from the beginning
10. If it does, continue with below instructions.
SET FAILSAFE FOR TX SIGNAL LOSS
1. Turn everything on and get everything connected to the PC.
2. Make sure the control mode switch is working.
3. On the transmitter, go into the function list (click the wheel down)
4. Go to Servo Setup.
5. Flick your control mode switch and check to see which channel its on. GER, PIT, AX2 or AX3.
6. While watching the control mode switch position on the naza assistant,
Remember the two percentages of travel for the CMS channel (we will be changing it back to this when we are done)
Now change the travel on the control mode channel servo travel until the tab moves away from either GPS or MAN. Move it to failsafe.
7. Once failsafe lights up blue, exit the assistant, unplug the copter from the pc, turn the copter off and then the transmitter.
8. DO NOT CHANGE ANY SWITCH POSITIONS AFTER STEP 6!
9. Make sure everything is turned off.
10. Insert the bind plug into the bind port on the receiver
11. Plug in the copter/receiver. The receiver LED will start flashing. This indicates its looking for something to bind to.
12. NOW REMOVE THE BIND PLUG BEFORE TURNING ON THE TRANSMITTER! LED will continue to flash.
13. Make sure your transmitter is OFF.
14. Now hold down the trainer button while powering on the transmitter. Hold the button until it says its binding and displays DSMX.
Then release the trainer/bind button.
15. Once binding is complete the transmitter will reboot and go into normal flight mode. The LED on the receiver will now be solid.
16. Preset Failsafe binding is now complete.
FIX THE SERVO TRAVEL & TEST THE FAILSAFE
1. On the transmitter, go to Function List, then Servo setup then change the channel travel percentages back to what they were before.
2. Plug everything into the PC and check to see if the channel performs correctly. Must be able to select GPS, ATTI and MAN.
3. While watching the channel position, turn off your transmitter. It should light up the failsafe on the Naza assistant bar.
4. If it doesn't, start with step 1 of SET FAILSAFE FOR TX SIGNAL LOSS.
5. If it does you are good to go. Congratulations!
Happy Flying! We Hope this helps all using the DX7s.Dx8 with AR8000!
Like Us On Facebook
- 000 New Jobs in the U.S
- 280' Line-of-Sight Radio Range Transmits Wireless Video up to 3
- Aerial Photography
- aerial video
- Aerial Videography
- Amazon Micro Drone Delivery Service
- AR8000 failsafe
- ARRI ALEXA DRONE
- AUVSI Study
- Colorado RC Aerial Video
- commercial operation of small UAS
- Commercial UAS
- Commercial UAV
- DJI Distributer
- DJI FAIL SAFE
- DJI FAILSAFE
- DJI NAZA
- DJI NEW
- DJI Phantom RTF
- DJI released new firmware v2.1 for A2
- DJI S1000 Transport Case
- DJI S800
- DJI S900
- Drone Blog
- drone map
- Drone no fly zones
- DRONE TRAINING
- DSLR video
- Education and Training
- FEATURE FILMS
- Flight School Products
- flying HDSLR
- HD downlink
- hd dslr
- HOLLYWOOD DRONE
- Industrial UAS
- Industrial UAV
- Inertial Navigation
- Job Creation
- KDE Direct
- Little Sky Hero
- mapping drone
- Mapping Drones
- NAB 2014
- NAB FIELD TRIP
- New 4K Camera Systems
- New firmware v2.1 for DJI A2 FC
- New quadcopter
- New Study Finds Enormous Job Creation Potential
- PRO AERIAL VIDEO DRONE
- PRO AP
- PRO MOVIE DRONE
- RED EPIC DRONE
- Regulatory Reform
- RHL DRONE
- RISE OF THE MULTICOPTER
- S800 EVO
- Science UAV
- SD cards and More Hardware Ships Pre-Installed by XFLY SYSTEMS **FREE SHIPPING to USA based customers**
- Sky Hero Little
- Spektrum DX7s
- Tech Videos
- test sites
- UAV entrepreneurship
- UAV for AG
- UAV for Inspections
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Unmanned Aircraft Industry Poised to Create 70
- Unmanned Systems
- Unmanned Vehicle University
- Vision Aided
- xfly films
- XFLY FORUM
- xfly systems
- XFLY SYSTEMS.
- XFY SUPPORT